Thread: Blarge
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 22, 2004, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to chayce
Cool

Why is it your descriptions of both plays do not say at all what the contact might have been. Who CARES out of whos area into whos primary the play develops? Was the intentional call right or not?

Trust your partner means trust your partner.

(And FWIW, and with all due respect, if you would have used your "ammo" on me in our locker room I would have given you the standard issue 2 word reply )

Dan,

One of the challenges of e-mail is that it is hard to express things "tongue in cheek". My "ammo" comment was made in jest as my partner who called the intentional is a very good friend as well as official and it was something to talk about after the game in a spirit of good natured ribbing. I am sorry that did not come across that way. I obviously supported my partner with the disgruntled coach.

My main point is that the calling official did not go with the intentional and that truly is a matter of trust don't you think? The second offical, farther from the play in both cases, came in with a call that was different. I believe he should have trusted his partner in both cases...and no, I would not have called it in either case. If the situation was reversed and Lead did call it, how would you react if T or C came in and said, "No it wasn't an intentional and we are going to wave it off."? Has anyone ever put an intentional back in their pocket?!?