Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
Quote:
Originally posted by oc
Not sure. Explain this more: "mugs" A1.
Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
How long are the regular quarters and the overtime periods? My bet would be that B1 and a lot of other kids were mighty cranky by the time the 3 rd OT rolled around. For kids that age the game should end in a tie.

Now to your question, what do you mean by “mug?” Did B1 put his hands on A1? Did he push A1 when the ball was dead? If there was any physical action by B1 you must call a T...I think you did B1, the league and every player in it, a disservice by not T-ing him up if he put his hands on A1. And what are you telling A1 in all of this? Sorry kid, you got mugged but poor B1 is cranky so it is OK.
5 regulation periods, 8min running clock; 1OT 2min running clock; 2OT 1min running clock; 3OT Sudden Death.

By "mug" I meant a "haha-neener-neener" face (taunting), but I was more concerned of the body language that came along with it, the snatching, even though I told them to let go for their own safety. Otherwise, if A1 would have still held on to the ball, he would have been judo-dropped by a snatch by B1 like that. While there was not any contact, that was very unsportsmanlike.

While I respect your comment, RR, that was not the message I sent to B1 or anyone else in the gym. But you might be right, maybe I should have T'ed him up. Maybe I did have a bad judgment call, but again, I didn't want the game to be decided by an official, but rather the players that worked hard to tie it up in the first place. Chalk it up to experience and do better next time.

BTW, was congratulated by league president and other officials who were there for calling an exciting game. Asked her feedback about the situation and received, "would have done the same."