View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 19, 2004, 03:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Technically speaking....

Quote:
Originally posted by williebfree
JRutledge...

Think about it.

You can threaten the coach with a player T if he is not removed. Now you have become entrenched in a power struggle and by rule after you issue the first T on the player s/he, by rule, STILL does not have to leave the game.
He will have to leave the game if a rule that the situation was a fight. He will have to leave if I rule the actions as a Flagrant Technical foul. There is no power struggle when I am giving a coach an option to accomplish the same thing without me having to throw the kid out of the game officially. If he wants the state not to know about the situation, and have his kid for the next game, he has a simple choice.

Quote:
Originally posted by williebfree

This is NOT the way I would handle this. Either you have the T's on one or both of the players initially or it was not severe enough to whack them. If the latter is the case, you will look very vindictive if you threaten a "T" defacto.
You have a right to your opinion. But so do I and many others I know. I know a lot of officials that "recommend" removal of players and the coaches adhere to the "recommendation." Becuase if the state find out about the actions, they are "guilty." It is not an issue of who was right and who was wrong, they will miss the next game at that level or 10 days, which ever comes first and might miss more based on other actions or what the state feels is proper. And who said it was an expost facto ruling? We have a dead ball. We are removing the players from the game. If I want to I can report the situation as a fight or just have them come out of the game after talking to my partners. No different than any other T or situation that needs some communication.

Peace