Thread: search
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 08:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

And I suppose it's at least possible that Rut is just yankin' our chain a little!
Actually Juulie, this is a rather common word. It is in several rap songs from southern artists. Mary J. Blige has a song with the word in the chorus. The word was used in the preview of the playoff games this weekend on SportsCenter, when one of the players on the Indianiapolis Colts on the Kickoff team talked about their little "shimmy/shake" rountine they do before they kick the ball off. The player said, "we just want to it chrunk." And they tried to spell it (is why I used it here) and asked him, "what does that mean?" So they spent the next 30 seconds talking about what that meant in the piece and it was kind of funny. The guy covering the story was white and it was kind of funny to hear his reaction to the word. And even Andy Van Pelt from ESPN I believe made a funny comment. I think I have heard Stewart Scott use the word in a couple of situations as well when giving highlights.

So it is a real word. My cousin was using this word about 2 years ago when I was in Dallas. Did not use it all the time but my cousin is a character and you have to know him to appreciate his energy. But that is enough about me, but it is a real slang word. But it is by far mostly used by southern individuals with a urban feel. Not used very much in my circles that I hang with.

Peace