View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 03:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up Just filter it, that is all.

Quote:
Originally posted by davidw

I guess it is an 'issue' with me because I thought that your statement about wanting to be very 'clear' this was not a place to become a better official, may give the wrong impression to some officials who come here to learn and to become better.
Honestly David, it can and it can't. It just comes down to how you use it.

Quote:
Originally posted by davidw

I completely agree that the final product (a better official) is achieved at a more local level. The pointing in the right direction can be huge--for some. I thought you discounted some of the learning merits of this site a little too much is all.
David, it does not matter what Tony, mick, Mark(Sr), JR, Rut or Chuck and Yaw says, if none of us live in the area the person reading our posts does or if they do not belong to the same association that we do. Tony is a State Final Official, but honestly that means nothing in my area. Hell, depending on who is a State Final official in my state, they might not have the general respect and admiration for those that are in my state. It is a great accomplishment, but you have to look at the bigger picture. There are officials that have no titles or no "state" accomplishments and are much more accomplished and respected than those that are State Rules Interpreters and State Clinicians. If someone reads my posts or what people say about me, you might think I am the most hated official on the internet. Go outside of the board and talk to guys that have worked with me, you would never get that impression at all. This coming year I will speak at a baseball clinic, football clinic and basketball clinic all in 2004. I will speak at a basketball meeting in a couple of weeks and am a board member in football for the second term. But listen to folks here, I am clueless and stupid and any other name that folks come up with. But I would not have been asked to help run associations and speak at clinics that only very well respected officials (not including myself, but what I have seen). Even Tony had someone debating what he was saying and he has accomplished much more than most of us have. That is why I say you have to take everything here and filter it. And I would say 95% of what I post here, comes from others that taught me and guided me off this board. Great place to learn, but it might not apply to everyone.

Peace