Thread: NCAA-W Interps
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 02:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Mulk, you are going to get upset.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
I think this happens in 3 person more than in 2 person. The guys in our group have decided that the person that can really hurt you in this situation (administering official) is the last to be aware that there is a DQ situation.

I have never had that happen in a 3 person game. Not saying it cannot happen, but if you are not in a big hurry, you can avoid this very easily. Mainly because if you discuss "eye contact" in your games, if your partner is tending to the table, you do not give the ball to the shooter. Now, I have had this happen in a 2 person game. But I believe only once and it was my fault for not paying attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
But, the question remains, how are you going to handle if this happens in a high school game?

The same way I am going to handle it in a college game. If we have made eye contact and the table does not tell us at all, and they have a revelation when the shooter has the ball, let the shooter finish his shot (especially on 1 of 2 shots). If the table blows the horn, I might take the ball out of his/her hand if I think the horn disrupted their routine. In both cases I will remove the DQ'd player and go right back to what we were doing. If there was a shot missed and rebounds and other shots are made without being told, you just remove them when you are informed. But I also think that the officials should be somewhat aware when a player has had 5 fouls. Just take a couple of seconds and ask if need be. Especially before shots. And now with the fancy scoreboards, you can know when they have 4 fouls.

Peace