Thread: Three Seconds
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 02:32pm
We don't rent pigs

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Quote:
Originally posted by just another ref
A2 has an attack of conscious because of earlier missed shot. (I never actually saw this happen) A1 is still there, working hard, until the whistle. Coach A: "Good job, A1! C'mon, A2, you gotta shoot the ball!"

Quote:
Never saw it with boys, but you do see it with girls. With boys, I think a missed shot means you have to take more shots to make up for what you missed. With girls, it means that you aren't going to have a good day, you let your teammates down, and now somebody else is going to have to shoot.
Years ago, playing church league ball, a friend on another team had a horrible night shooting. After the game I told him that I had never seen him miss that many. He said no because usually when he was missing he stopped shooting.
WOW! What a concept! I never heard of such a thing. The same guy a few years later had a son playing in the youth league, age 10-12 or so. He said that he had advised his son, "When you see that you're not hitting, stop shooting and get the ball to somebody else." After the game one night the son said, "Dad, by the time I realized I wasn't hitting, the game was over."

Lonesome Dove