View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Yes, yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by davidw
So this 'well thought of official' would recommend what (?) for officials to improve themselves, nothing? Did he offer some alternatives?
Most officials I know never come here or to any internet site to become a better official. Let us make that clear. But that is what camps, publications, officiating socials, talking to your mentor, watching veteran officials, watching less experienced officials, watching TV games are all for.
Rut, you've included some suggestions that could easily (it seems to me) be included with listing this discussion board. But you exclude it. In other words: "...camps, publications, officiating socials, talking to your mentor,watching vets, watching less exper. off., watching tv, ..." It seems one could easily have listed: 'participating in relevant discussion boards' with your list and it would fit in just as well as officiating socials and watching tv ballgames. It just seemed like such a blanket statement to say most officials don't come here to become a better official.

It seems to me to be just another tool, certainly not a primary one but nevertheless, another one and certainly one to be use for what it's worth--no more.

I've also seen many posts here of officials asking for advice on how to 'become a better official'. With many replies to those requests, some as I recall by you.

[Edited by davidw on Jan 15th, 2004 at 01:24 PM]