View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rita C
So, in the example given, the fouls that occur during the FT would still be penalized? Or not?

If penalized, this would mean would mean FTs if during the bonus, wouldn't it?

Rita
I'll jump in here even though Mr. BBR has so elequently given you examples.

Basically, Rita, remember to shoot the FTs in the order they happened. So if you have a Foul during a FT, it could then be a False Double or False Multiple. You would clear the lanes and finish the FT (if there was another shot to be taken) and then go down to the other end of the court and shoot the FTs with the lanes occupied. If part of the False Double or False Multiple Fouls were a Technical...then clear the lanes, shoot the FTs and administer the ball at the division line or where appropriate.

Bob also said that a multiple foul is rarely called. Why is that?

I could have called a multiple foul last night. The star player had 4 fouls and his teammate had 2 fouls. They both fouled an opponent going up for a shot. I chose to "get the point guard first" hence, keeping the stud in the game.

Sure I could have "picked" the stud for the foul...sure I could have "by rule" got em both.
Why didn't I? I dunno...experience? lessons taught? wouldn't have helped the game at all? Pick one!

RD

BTW...I would have done the same thing for the other team's "stud"...or any player ready to foul out for that matter.

[Edited by RookieDude on Jan 14th, 2004 at 03:03 PM]