View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 27, 2001, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

For what it is worth-----

Kyle McNeeley presented the rules changes---including those specific to pitching---to those present at the Texas State Meeting for high school baseball that was held 1/21/01.
Kyle was specifically asked if the pitcher must include "arm movement" in his feint to a base after he has legally committed himself there with a proper foot movement. The 3-1 play was specifically used as the example.

Kyle's response was a rather pure and simple, "NO" .

I add this to hopefully add some information to a previous thread which discussed this situation at length. It is my understanding Kyle McNeeley is associated with the Fed rules at the National level although I am uncertain if he is considered as an official interpreter of the Fed rules. Others who are more familiar with Kyle's credentials may wish to add information.

I do know for certain that for me he is the most authoritative Fed source to have stated his opinion on this situation, and that until I hear otherwise, I will continue to accept that interpretation (which is NO CHANGE from how I had interpreted it previously).