View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 13, 2004, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
The book proper doesn't have to be done at 10 minutes, does it? Isn't it the case that the information merely needs to be at the table, and vailaable to the book person?
I tend to enforce the rule that way also Juulie. It is the coach (team) that gets penalized so I figure if the coach's work has been done, how can I reasonably penalize him?

We've got a coach in our area that likes to engage the opposing coach in conversation just as soon as he can and then keep him occupied until after the 10 minute mark. He gives a big s*** eating grin as the officials walk over to check the book. Opposing coach didn't get his book work done because he was talking...

It is for this reason that the official can use a little preventive officiating by checking the book early and if it is not ready, prompting the delinquent coach to finish his bookwork before a technical foul needs to be assessed.