View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 26, 2001, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Speaking of violence, did anybody see the sports highlights last night with the official that got absolutely KO'd by a very big very tall player after a rebound and during transition? The referee went down like a sack of potatoes (KO'd instantly)I was having a drink at the local watering hole and they must have shown the thing in slow motion about 4 times. Everybody in the pub stopped what they were doing and moaned. Needless to say we ended up getting our rounds paid for that night as the four of us had just finished doing our games for the evening! It was on a Canadian Station (SportsNet channel 32) and my buddy seemed to think it happened in Alberta. Looked like a high school game, but it might have been college. Absolutely disgusting display. What made it worse was that the official was lying on the floor out cold and some male cheerleaders or fans came onto the court, took off what looked like sweat pants and waved air to the official to give the semblance of trying to revive him, though it was just another form of disrepsect. Never seen anything like this in my life!

JamieSlick