View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 11, 2004, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BK
I worked a game Monday night where the players all had burr haricuts and headbands. And there is no ethnic diversity on the team either. Anyway, my parnter calls a foul on white, and I'm screened by two other players and didn't see what he had or who he had it on. Since he does NCAA men, I'm not too worried about the wrong shooter going to the line...right? WRONG! Red 31 and Red 32 look just alike with the hair all buzzed off and the headbands. They are about the same height, same size and both play forward positions. Only difference is 31 can't shoot the broad side of a barn...and 32 is fairly decent (and left handed). Well, we get them set up in the lane and the opposing coach starts going nuts about the wrong shooter being at the line. Partner asks me, I explain I was screened, and he goes with the kid who is at the line. ??? A little later, one of us calls a foul that puts 31 on the line and he stinks! After seeing that, I'm about 98% sure that the wrong kid was on the line, but only the game film (which has been requested) will tell.

Bottom Line: It does happen.