View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2001, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pilo
In yesterdays game we had a freethrow situation I would like you opinions on.

We are lined up to shoot the second of two freethrows with blue on the line. White player moves from #3 spot on lane line to #4 spot after I give ball to shooter.
Partner gives delayed violation and then proceeds to blow whistle. Everyone stops and I step in to the key a retrieve the ball from the shooter. My partner say inadvertant whistle, I give ball back to shooter and she proceeds to miss the second freethrow. Blue coach wants a violation on white.
What do you have?
I must ask these questions: Did your partner keep displaying the delayed violation signal after you re-administered? Spot #3 to #4 on who's side? (I'm assuming on the side nearest you...since you were lead and that spot wouldn't be your primary responsibility to watch for violations.)

I suppose you could have put up the delayed violation signal as a secondary act (kind of helping out your partner ) and when she missed, blew your whistle and called the violation. Maybe your partner was a rookie? Did you ask him why he didn't keep the delayed violation signal?