View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2004, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ace
ER! One of my schedulers screwed up big time. 3 crews - 2 games. My crew got sent home. Scheduler gave me wrong start time when we originally scheduled so I was there 1hr 20 min before the actual game.
John -- Our commissioner, Howard, does a pretty darn good job -- probably about as good as could possibly be done. But even so, I sympathize. Everyone does. We've all been through it at least a time or two. I'm going to tell you my own worst "scheduler mistake" story, but I want everyone to realize (especially Howard, who reads this board) that I'm not complaining -- just letting you know that I've been through it. My FIRST VARSITY GAME was mis-scheduled. It was between a local school and a school from out of the area, and somehow Howard thought it was to be played locally, but it wasn't. Heck, I had invited about 937 people, and scheduled a party afterward. I showed up at this school with my nice clothes, my garment bag and my brand new whistle, to watch a floor being re-surfaced.

The only real choice unless you are or want to end up completely neurotic, is to just let it go, and keep plugging. But then you knew that already, didn't you?