View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2004, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Just got home at 11PM from my varsity boys game.

Fourth quarter of the JV game started at 6:55PM -- we always start dressing at the end of the third quarter. Varsity game scheduled to start at 7:30PM. We take the floor (20 minute warmups) at exactly 7:30PM.

How exactly does a 7 minute quarter of basketball take 35 minutes? How does a non-OT GAME take more than 1:30?

Just venting

Actually, come to think of it, after starting at 7:50PM the game was finished by 9:05PM, which isn't that shabby. 60 mile drive was the killer

It is 3 degrees as I type this. How is the snow in Portland?
Official temp around 20 something. Wind chill driving temp down around 0. Three layers of clothes, and a full time forced air gas heating system, and still feeling chilly. Snow everywhere, with a thick crust of ice on top. Haven't had weather like this for about 10 or 15 years.

And the funny part is that I'm still craving ice cream. How bizarre is that!?!? (And you can skip the pickle/craving/pregnancy jokes. Im too old and have too many kids to think they're funny!)

JV girls' games CAN take forever. I've been doing a lot of them the last couple of seasons, and I sympathize. They foul a lot right at the beginning, and right near the end, like the varsity players do, but that middle adjusting-to-how-tight-the-refs-are-calling-it stretch never happens. If you try to back off the calls a little, they just end up in a rugby scrum. I don't pity the varsity refs that work after me though. Even though they're starting late, they're still gonna have a better game than we did.