Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Quote:
Originally posted by davidw

Practice! Practice! Practice!

Also, maybe a reminder at half-time?!
What do you mean by practice (I don't mean that as harsh as it reads. I looked at it and wanted to edit it)? I'll give you an example, we will agree that if we see a player that has been given ample warnings with their shirt out then they will get a sub and tuck it in on the side. I say OK, then I'm the only one that does it. I don't mind because I can't go wrong with something like this because it's in black and white. But, it is something we went over in pre game. Also, there are many interpretations of the mechanics in regards to long switches. Right or wrong, I can adapt to what we go over in the pre game. So I'm in a game and I wasn't even involved in this switch but I'm looking at it thinking "that isn't what we talked about" and it looks bad because one guy is doing it and the other one is doing something else. Of course that is a 3-person crew. Things like that can be avoided by a good pre game and follow through. [/B]
All I meant by the post was that maybe your partner is still trying to get the pre-game thing down and still has a lot of slip between cup and lip--he's still practicing walking the walk kind of thing.

It's always much easier to talk about something than to actually get in the situation and get it done. I think we've all been there to one degree or another. In this case he's still practicing the "walk".

But, I can see how this could/would be very frustrating.

P.S.
Also, in your orig. post you asked: "What happened to the pre-game? Why did we have it?" Thus, my "practice, ..."
We are all constantly "practicing" getting better. We don't stop doing those things just because we didn't get it right the first or second or xth time; we keep on keeping on. I also believe your question was more rhetorical and you already recognize my points and all this is just a typing drill for me.

[Edited by davidw on Jan 5th, 2004 at 01:09 PM]