View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 04, 2004, 02:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation NO WAY!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BK
About the only thing you can do in the varsity set you described is either try and "offset" some of his calls with a few of your own, or just take it until halftime, then express your displeasure. Either way, you are probably going to scratch the guy, you just have to decide whether or not it is worth it to confront the guy.

All officials have to adjust to their crew...I'm a pretty tight official, when I go to a game with a guy who want's to let em play, I have to move a little more toward his philosophy, and he has to blow a little more than he's used to meet up with me. Hopefully, you can find some "common ground" between the two of you.
I realize that officials are a team, but I am not going down in flames just because my partner is not up to snuff. I am not going to make calls and make myself look bad, if my partner is not qualified to be there. You adjust to your partners if you can, but not totally change your game to make more bad calls that your partner is making. Because when the tape is reviewed, they can pick out the official that was making the bad calls, not accuse both or all officials of doing the same thing. A crew many times will get accused for making bad calls, even if one official made most of them, but I am not going to make it easy for them to point the finger at me or both of us.

Peace