View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
Quote:
Originally posted by CYO Butch
I've had 3 unusual experiences in the last couple of weeks. Two were funny and involved my assistant telling players about avoiding getting called for "over the back" and making sure they NEVER spent more than 2 seconds in the lane or they would get called! LOL, it was hard to enlighten the girls without showing him up.

Anyway, the 3rd experience happened last night when one of my players was showing off her new earings to another one of my players. I pointed out that she was not allowed to wear them in games, and team rules said she wasn't allowed to wear them in practice either. Naturally, she had just had her ears pierced and was told not to remove the little suckers for 6 weeks. She suggested that she might be able to put band-aids over them for the game. Aside from being more than moderately PO'd at the young lady, I am in a quandry. Before the next game do I approach the officials and ask them if they will allow her to play with the band-aids in place, or, if she shows up with band-aids, do I use "If I can't see it, it's not there" logic and see if the officials do likewise? I'm certianly not in favor of breaking the rules, but if the officals at are next game are not going to look to be sticklers on this one, should I bring it to their attention?
As a parent of a basketball girl and an official- have her take those ear rings out before a game. The holes will not close up.
For safety sake avoid having her earlopes tearing when someone reaches for the ball.

stewcall in VA
CVBOA