View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Talking

I would never do my hometown team at any level. Life is to short. I have to live with the people in my community everyday.

I make sure with my assignor that I will not have my hometown team, home or on the road. I know to many people, and do not want to be stopped on the street asking why I did not make a call in a game or someone telling me I cost them the game. It seems to me that coaches, fans, think they have the advantage or will get the calls when an official from there hometown is officating.This may be true with some officials. I had worked a 3 person game awhile back and we were going through the pre-game. After the pre-game was over the "R" stood up shook everyone's hand, said let's have a good game. And remember don't forget who hired us tonight. I didn't say anything until we got on the court. I asked "U2" what was he trying to say about who hired us. And He looked at me and said, You have never worked with "R" before have you. I stated I had not. What he is trying to tell you is, the home team will get the calls. I just turned and walked back to my position on the court.