View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 30, 2003, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
Like Steve M, my favorite game was a regular season HS game between two local teams. Both pitchers were pitching fantasticallu and both defenses were really solid. I, or should I say they, had one inning that only took 7 pitches for the entire inning and that's because the 2nd batter in the home half of the inning fouled off the 1st pitch. The visitors ended up winning in 10 innings in classic FP style.

The #2 hitter for the visitors lead off the inning with a high bounding slap to F6 which she beat out on a close play. #3 and #4 hitters laid down perfect sacrifice bunts to move the runner to 3rd and she scored on a beautiful "seeing-eye" drag bunt by #5 which just managed to get between a hard charging F3 and F1 and ended up being fielded by F4 who was going to cover 1st. V#6 struck out on 3 pitches and the home team went 3-up, 3-down in their half to end the game after 68 monutes The visiting pitcher threw a perfect game and the home team pitcher only allowed 3 runners, a HBP early in the game and the two runners in the 10th.

SamC