View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2003, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

I've had "the King" a couple of times - the first one was long enough ago that he was still a really good pitcher. I've had a number of the big guys in men's fast pitch. I've had some games involving top-10 college teams and I've had some pretty good high school teams, too. I've had state finals, regional finals, college playoffs, but...

Probably my favorite was in the early part of a 16&U tournament with a really hard & accurate thrower against a not so hard but very good pitcher. Neither offense could get anything going. Fielders were making every "routine" play and the were also making the outstanding plays, the few times that they came up. This game ended 1-0, in favor of the hard thrower's team - she threw a perfect game (the losing pitcher threw a 3-hitter with no walks). The 1 run came from a homerun that was a line drive into center field - had this been hit early in the game, F8 would have caught the ball. This game lasted about 43 minutes. Incidently, these same teams met in the finals, with the same pitchers in the circle. The outcome was very different, 7-1 or something like that in favor of the other team. This tournament wasn't "important" for anything or anyone, other than the participants. I had the plate in this game. Each pitcher had over 10 K's with few strikes being called - the batters were swinging and the pitchers were right there.