View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2003, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Mike,
Dunno 'bout you Texans, but in Pennsylvania we inspect the bats before every game for HS ball - college ball too - and some of us inspect them in ASA. I have found a number of illegal bats during the pre-game inspections and have only ever found 1 illegal bat actually in a softball game. I can't recall having a coach come onto the field wanting to verify that a bat was legal - I'd be pretty surprised if it ever happened. What's going to keep them from doing this - a large part of this is the appearance you make and the game management skills you show. Is this list going to change during the season? Probably, it sure has in the past.

Fed and NCAA both use the ASA list - this means that they accept the ASA standard. That's a good thing, let's just stay with a single performance standard. In the past, ASA has been a lot more gutless about enforcing their standard than Fed. We'll just leave NCAA alone, for now. They have their own way of doing things (if you want, download their rule book and look at the banned bat procedure).

Who's Nell Bennett?

btw - welcome to the board