View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 19, 2003, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Take US Highway 26 west from Portland. Turn left on State Highway 47. Takes you straight to Gaston. Turn right on Park Street. You're there!

Hey, I know this Highway 26...keep going west and you end up in a cute little resort town by the Pacific Ocean...Seaside, Or.

rainmaker...I'm the curious kind, what could have possibly held you up from getting to the carpool spot on time for a Varsity game!?

RD
You've got the right 26. Seaside is a nice little town...there are even better ones that are less known.

I can only guess that since this game was at 6:00 and that Juulie lives on the opposite side of Portland that she really had a lot of unpredictable traffic to get through...no good way around from where she lives.

...rant mode on...

Highway 26 west of Portland can turn into a parking lot at anytime of day....2pm, 9pm, Saturday, it doesn't matter. It can sometimes flow smoothly at 5pm on Friday too (not often). Inbound traffic and outbound traffic are equally bad. The road is fully inadequate and should have been expanded 5-10 years ago. The powers that be instead built a billion dollar light rail system that carries 3% of the traffic on a typical day (and not much more at full capacity...if my memory serves me correctly).

...rant mode off...