View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2003, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
This was my battel and what ppl are saying is right. I've made a name for myself by picking up SEVERAL last minute cancelations and what not. Also tell your assignor if your working for 2 assignors. Our assc has 4 regions and 4 assignors PLUS the 1 varsity assignor. We also have 700+ officials and 30,000+ games this season. And the number of officials is already dropping. So new guys in the chapter like me get more games as the season goes along. Also, attend meetings findo ut who your schedulers are and TALK TO THEM if they're not busy. Now I work for two assignors. And the 2nd half of the season one was kind of offended because the other one got a hold of me first to schedule me. I also tried for 3 weeks to get ahold of my main scheduler, gave up and scheduled with the other one. See - so i've probably black listed myself a little bit on that one. Everyone has great advice and thats what I've been doing. Also call your assignor evermorning at 8:30. Usually by that time he's got some cancelations. And then start calling after 1 or so. cuz he'll be in desperate need if someone cancels between 8:30and 11.And tell him he can depend on you on what nights and what dates if he needs a filler.