View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2003, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber-Ref
Having been around the rec league for a couple weeks now, I've seen several of my constituants work. I myself have done two outings of 3 games and 2 games for a total of five. I'm also a helper dad/unofficial assistant coach for my son's team. In that capacity, during his games I've either been the scorekeeper or have run the clock. This has given me the opportunity to observe other officials that I work with or know of, do their thing.

What I have discovered is that these other officials have been offered comparibly more work than I. I've made myself available to work any night of the week with my assignor.

What I can say to my assignor to get more games?

Or, how should I go about asking him without putting myself in disfavor?

I enjoy being a referee and want more games.

Basically, your not going to take games away from established officials. If they've been doing 6 games a week for several years, the assignor is not going to cut games from their schedule to fill up a new guy's schedule.

Just let him know that if he needs anyone that he can call you (and be clear about when you are at work and if you can or can not leave work to take a game)...and accept whatever he offers when he does call.