View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 15, 2003, 11:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Men's or Women's game??

Quote:
Originally posted by jr
tonight i went to see a local community college play; not to see the team, but to observe the officials, how they work, switch, etc in a college game.

i was amazed at the lack of professionalism by at least two of the officials. mechanics were awful, one of the officials did not raise his arm past his waist for ANY call...the other official looked as if he had his pants tucked into his shoes...

on the other hand, it makes me feel good for the propects to move up...
College mechanics are different than HS mechanics. CCA mechanics do not require the raising of the arm to signal an out of bounds play in either Men's and Women's basketball officiating. And I cannot speak for the other things, but you probably witness things that are perfectly acceptable at that level. We have had this discussion before, but at the college level, "how straight your arm" is never an issue that I have seen. The issue is to get the call right and to make sure that everyone knows what that is according to the limited mechanics. I was not there and I did not see what you saw, but you cannot measure a official that is doing a college game by HS standards.

Peace