View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 15, 2003, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Theisey
Actually, Colgate is in the Patriot League and is D1-AA.
That was some snow storm. Didn't see any blue bean bags either.

I watched a playoff game involving two NJ teams and the NFL goal posts were what was used durng the game as it was played in Giants Stadium. Kickers had no problems from what I saw of the game.
They did not use the NFL inbounds lines. They used the standard NFHS inbounds distances as there were some very tiny, maybe 4 inches long lines on every major yard line so the ball could be spotted. Don't know if these lines were put there for these NJ playoff games or not.

(fyi nfl goal post width = ncaa )

[Edited by Theisey on Dec 13th, 2003 at 10:09 AM]
REPLY: The mini NF hash marks at Giants Stadium that Tom refers to were put in "special" for the NJ playoffs. In fact, by the time our game took place they had all but faded away. They weren't very easy to see from the field--especially from the sideline. Often, our umpire needed to search for them. A few times he forgot about them and inadvertently placed the ball at the NFL hash. We had to remind him. We had a FG and a converted try in our game that split the uprights. Also had a missed try that passed about a foot outside my upright.