View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 11, 2003, 11:15am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
What's poor old George gonna do now? He's down to 6 starters- Mussina,Vazquez,Contreras,Lieber,Weaver and Wells.
Yeah, and how many of those do you actually want on your starting staff? Mussina and maybe Wells. And Wells is running on beer fumes. Is Vazquez the guy from Montreal? I'm drawing a blank on him. If it is, then he's a pretty good one, too, I have to admit.
Well,I've never been a fan of Mussina. I don't think that he's won a big game in his career; and when he loses, he either whines or makes excuses. Wells is a certified goof- he has papers! Weaver is a head case. That leaves 3. You don't know what you're gonna get from Lieber because of the arm surgery. He could be great, terrible, or somewhere in between. Vazquez is the good young kid from the Expos, but,again,you don't know what the big city's gonna do to him. And Contreras is 102 years old.

Lotta question marks. Big mistake losing Pettite.

Tha also have a big problem with the Steroid Monkey on 1st base- aka the world's worst fielding first baseman. Should put him at permanent DH where he belongs, and teach Bernie Williams to play first.