View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 01:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb It is only worth 5 points.

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Interesting that they put test scores up there in the #1 criteria...
Where did you get #1 from?

Maybe I read this thing differently than you do, but considering that it is apart of a power rating system (you can only get 5 at the most for each category), which also includes Promotion Status, Previous tournament experience, All ratings, number of varsity games and Top 15 list percentiles. There is a 30 point system and getting points on test scores is the easiest to get 5 points in your favor.

Promotion status--takes time to get to a C (5 years if you do it right away).

Previous Tournament Experience--If you are not a C, you can just about forget it.

All Ratings--Again, you better be respected by your peers and coaches for this to be high.

Number of Varsity games--You will not get varsity games unless you attend camps, assignors like you and they you are qualified to handle varsity in their conference, schools like you and this is also backed up by fact you cannot be rated unless you have done a varsity contest.

Top 15 List Percentile--If you are not a C, forget even realistically being put on this list by associations or assignors. That is not going to happen. I can put my career on that. And unless again, you are respected by the coaches and ADs as an official, you might as well forget being put on there list as well. This percentile is also compiled for a two year period. So you must have some history in being put on these lists.

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad

based on all the discussions over the years about tests and test scores, that must not sit well with many of the officials in your state...had any problems with that issue in your area?
Why, it is an open book test? If you cannot get a 97 on the test, you are not too bright to begin with.

Peace