View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 06, 2003, 01:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
Something kinna bothered me last night. A big time DI official showed up wearingh is NCAA Official windbreaker making comments about how "its great to see they put me at a level I can call" then dropping credentials about where he called last night (Big DI school) and all that ohter stuff.... He was assigned to the 7th grade gym, my partner the 8th. While I wanted to work the game with him as he's obviously a somebody, his attitude really turned me off about him. I went itno the 7th grade gym at half time and was dissappointed to see his mechanics.... not going all the way under at lead... counts were "eh who cares" kinna counts... I hope that I don't get that way if I start to move up... I dunno what I'm really getting at... but do some people really get that mentality. Theres this one guy in our assc. He's been calling some College ball, but only works sub-varsity and his college schedule. I admire that about him. One of the assignor, top rated offical in our area, great DI official, but he's the most humble person I've ever met. To me the first 2 min you meet someeone is where you make you biggest impression... he made a bad impression on me last night. Something I'll never forget about him. I enjoy the lower level ball, I enjoy Freshman, and middle school... BUt i want to move up. I'm calling a 1 man 5 year co-ed game tommorow morning at 8 oclock for a rec league.... but I'm calling the last game of a freshman girls tourny tommorow afternoon at 3. But I'm back here at a rec leage at 6PM for a 9-10 year old boys game. I'm trying to stay intouch with my roots, because without the lower level stuff, you'll never move up because you wont see wierd plays. Wanna test your rules, force yourself to work on mechanics... i got a league for ya... game management with a lousy partner? yep... I think its the past 3 years that have shaped me the best to being the offical I am today.