View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 05, 2003, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by scottk_61
This was too much for me and I told him to shut up and take it to the Board but for now leave us alone. I told him when he learned the NHHS rules and applicaitons then he could come talk to me.

This guy is MR Big Time, D1 official and works the CBA also BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW HIGH SCHOOL RULES!

Well, this morning Mr. Evaluator sends me an email telling me that he got the rule wrong as well as a few other things we disagreed about.

I say if you are going to evaluate, at least know what code you are working.
I have to admire a big shot like this who has the integrity to look it up and contact you to let you know he was wrong.
Camron, I agree, but I wonder if he apologized for his attitude, as well? If not, it's only a partial apology, in my book.

Scott, you should be sure the person in charge of evaluators knows about this incident. Be sure you don't get emotional when you talk about it, but it is an issue. If he tried that with a less confident newbie, that newbie would be another person in your association who would be getting a rule wrong, because of someone who's supposed to be helping them get better. Furthermore, no one with less than about 5 years experience should get yelled at for any reason. Well, actually no one EVER should, but especially not the newbies. We have enough trouble keeping enough refs, we don't need evaluators adding to the problem!

[Edited by rainmaker on Dec 5th, 2003 at 10:11 PM]