Re: Both are right in the book.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
NFHS - Please Provide Reference

Both 2-Man Mechs

Full time out

Two man, on full time out, we now stand on the low blocks. Is it the blocks nearer to table side or opposite? (By the way, the new two man mechanics arent very ideal if anyone is asking my opinion)
Opposite the table. There is a diagram in the NF Officiating Manual that clearly states what is to be done.

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks

Chopping Time

Lead throw in from end line, should the trail mirror lead's chop? My opinion is we have enough in two-man to watch off ball while this is going on to also have to pay attention to the ball being legally touched or our partners chop. I know womens college the trail mirrors the chop but I have yet to hear or read that this is a mechanic for HS / mens.

Again, right in the manual. The covering officials (who administers the throw-in) is the only person that is suppose to chop. As the trail, you have other things to look at. If you are both watching the ball, you will not see the other things going on. Also, this is not Women's college basketball. It appears that Mary is tying to make it that way, but it is not at this time. So do not get the levels confused.

All of this is directly in the Two Person Mechanics section. There are clearly diagrams and references to Throw-In Administration and Timeout Procedures.

Peace

Thanks Rut. Manuals in the bag at the house. On the chop thing, I have started seeing this happen this year and have a bet with a very tenured official that you do not echo the chop for the reasons we both suggested, not to mention it aint in the book!