View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 26, 2003, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by rcwilco
1-What is best, to give him a lot of information in a postive way after the game or keep it simple with a few major items.
JMO, but s/he probably won't retain a whole lot, so just hit a couple important things to work on. Offer to talk more if s/he wants to, but don't get into a big checklist right after the game.

Quote:
2-Is it good for the coaches to know you have a new partner and work with you to develop him (I don't thnk so myself)?
Again, JMO, but I had a D1 official tell a coach to stay off me in a D3 game last year, and frankly, I was embarrassed. It's just my personality on the court, but I want to sink or swim on my own. I wouldn't make any comments to the coaches about your partner's experience level.

Quote:
Should I keep the coaches off of his back or keep the reins on the coaches tighter than I normally would with an experinced partner?

If your partner gets the "deer in the headlights" look, then step in. Otherwise, let him/her try to handle it.

Quote:
3-Any thing else I can do to make it a good experience?
Just try to make your partner comfortable, be a good partner, be encouraging. Ask questions to see how s/he's doing or if there are any questions s/he has throughout the game.

Quote:
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thaksgiving!
Thanks, you too!