View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2003, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Worked my first 4 games of the season this weekend, all Freshman Girls.

1) Freshman girls is no place to work on watching off the ball. 4 players right in front of the Trail are moving around. 6 players in front of me standing around and watching. They're not even in the paint for me to count 3 seconds.

2) Thanks to all the discussion here I had no problem with an over and back call. A1 dribbling in the front court has ball batted away by B1. Just before the ball can reach the center line A1 dives and tips the ball back court where A2 picks it up. B's tap was clearly the impetus of the ball going back court, but A was last to touch it.

3) Do Freshman girls play defense? Over 30 held balls in one game. No need to play defense, just swarm the ball and try to grab it.

4) Why oh why did my partner call the ticky tack bump with one second left in a one point game (that has already taken forever due to 30+ held balls)? Oh yeah, and thank god the girl could actually shoot free throws. Her team won and we didn't have overtime. Partner was absolutely correct, but 4 more minutes of this kind of game might have sent me to the institution.

5) Is it really appropriate for the coach to wear high heels, painted on pants, and a low cut, form fitting shirt to coach? I guess if your team is going to be down 20-2 at the end of the first quarter you might as well look good.

Boys start this week. Sure hope they have the game figured out. Sure hope I've got it figured out as well.