View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 20, 2003, 10:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
What you liked.
I just like the fact that we get to talk basketball. We had an association that had us talk about special situations and go over them in small groups. Then talk about them with the entire body. I thought it was interesting to hear the different opinions on how folks would handle situations.

Quote:

What you didnt.
If I go to one more meeting and the do a presentation on a rule and the presentor reads out of the rulebook one more time, I am going to SCREAM!!! I have no problem if folks want to review the rules at the meeting, but stop reading them word for word. We can read for ourselves, we need to cover the major points or the situations the rules cover that might cause problems.

Quote:

What you wish you would have seen / heard.
I would have love to have seen more information about mechanics and philosophy with newer officials. Most of my associations did not spend enough time in my opinion on what our associations should do and not do on the court. It would have been nice to see more attention paid to younger officials and address specific aspects of officiating that is not regularly taught.

Peace