View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 15, 2001, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Question

I was working a freshman girl/boy double header this weekend. The first game went well but the boys game was the game we all dread. Or we look forward to if it means that we get it right and move up because the right person saw the game. Well, my partner was a young female official in her 3rd season and she wasn't quite right on all her calls. It got worse as the coaches were comming after me. We ended up with 1 ejection, 2 technical fouls and 4 intentional fouls. All in the 3rd quarter. We could have called more. I should have T'd up the coach at one point and my partner missed what I thought was an obvious intentional foul. She just called regular shooting foul on the play.

My question for you veteran's is two fold.
1) How do I handle a coach when my partner doesn't seem to be calling the same game I am and the coach thinks he is getting the shaft.

2) How do you handle your partner when you don't like the calls she is making? The way I handled her wasn't right because she said that it caused her to go into a deeper funk. (criticising, condeming and compaining never does work especially with woman and less experienced partners)