Thread: Game film
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 13, 2003, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
Quote:
Originally posted by Warrenkicker
In a special case last year I had my brother go with us to a game. We asked if he could stand in the press box and tape the game for us to review. They had no problem with it. He was able to tape us and not follow the ball through the air like tv camera men do. We got a much higher quality tape to review from this game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
We did review it ourselves....it was team film brout to assc from the coaches, reviewed in group setting. Not a great idea, should be brought to crews attention, to avoid conflict. Better way!! Have crew chief drop 600 clams on nice video disc camera(like I just did) and have him bring it with an operator!!! I do enjoy the idea of film footage of ourselves, can only improve oneself.
When we get tape from a school it isn't very good quality. At most you will see three of us on any play and sometimes there is just one of us shown. When my brother went with us I had him set up to where we were all in the shot at the snap. I had him zoom in so that both sidelines were in the shot but not a lot of sky. I also brought the tripod so that he could just pivot the camera slowly to follow the play. These things helped keep the players in focus, us in the shot, and made it all easier to watch. With this it was easier to see the nose-guard hit the center upside the head during a rush. Good call by U. One of the main things I don't like about school-supplied tapes is that the camera person likes to follow the ball in the air. Guess they don't know that the ball can't, and never will, commit a foul.