View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 13, 2003, 05:27am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Let the coaches decide.

Quote:
Originally posted by steve brinlee
I was working a high school scrimmage the other day. And some of the players were kind of "mouthy" if you will and talking a little too much in my opinion to me and my partner, dont get me wrong it wasnt bad, although they wouldnt get away with it in a game. even though it means nothing and is almost unheard of down here in oklahoma, would it be appropriate to slap a "T" on someone if it is deserved in a "scrimmage". Give me your feedback
Scimmages are basically run by coaches. If the coach wants everything called like a normal game, you do that. If the coach wants you to come to them, you do that too. It really depends on what the coach wants and what kind of structure the scrimmage is going to have. I would suggest if there is any doubt in your mind, ask the coach how they want "T" situations handled. Some want every possible violation called, because it prepares them for what to do in a real game. Some coaches also use the things you call as a punishment. A coach might have a rule that the kid sits out or runs, so call the game how they want you to as it relates to Ts. Because scimmages for the most part is more of a teaching environment, let the teachers(coaches) decide how they want their classroom run.

Peace