Thread: legal tag?
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 12, 2003, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Clark
You need to do what is right for baseball not your ego. A short discussion with your partner .. then let him change the call.
I hope I am not correctly hearing what you are suggesting. What I hear is, "Oops, I made a mistake and I now realize it. Let me go talk to my partner, have a discussion and then back away and let my partner 'reverse' the call."

I can see where this would do nothing but needlessly cause your credibility and competency to be questioned for the remainder of the game, as well as go against proper procedures.

We all have mental farts. I was PU and had a fly foul ball right at near the batting teams enclosed dugout. The dugout was silent until the ball was about 25 feet about the fielders head and then they yell together, and loudly, "I'VE GOT IT!" The fielder and I both jumped about out of our skins.

I called interference on the bence and ruled an out. The only problem was that the ball fell on the dead ball side of a 15 foot fence. The coach immediately reminded me of this, I immediately changed my call and we continued the game with no problems.