View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 12, 2003, 06:56am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
I feel football is more difficult as the rules are more complex. There is just as much judgement in football as there is in basketball I feel.
The thing about basketball is there is only 10 players and if someone does something it sticks out a bit more than football.
In football you have time! You can think, think, think "yeah he did that" and throw a flag. Then, you can think some more and go pick the flag up! You do have more rules and I really respect that but you have a series of plays that happen in short spurts when in basketball we can have up and down play with situations where you have to be on it right now. As far as players, how many officials are on a football field? I don't know the answer to this. I would think that if there are 4 we are about even as far as the amount of players we have to watch. If there are more then football has the advantage. It would almost be like having a basketball official who is only responsible for a team bringing the ball inbounds and getting it across half court then another one to watch the lines and so forth. I have known someone in the NFL and the one thing I did like about him on the basketball court is his calm demeanor. I don't know if this is just him but he was always calm.

Two different sports that shouldn't be compared.