View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 05, 2003, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Originally posted by chuck chopper
Somebody must had heard me on this 3rd strike dropped situation where the runner causes the "Diversion". You guys jumped all over me 2 months ago when I thought the play should be killed, rather than the stealing being legal at other bags.
And rightly so... we call the game as the rules require, not as the rules should be. And, I disagree with this proposed change, as you can tell from my post above. The current rule does NOT (IMO) give the offense an advantage; it just requires the defense to know the game situation. I just can't believe that this is a rampant problem.

At the 12U level, it is tough enough to get the BR to go soon enough to have a chance to beat out the D3K (which is a defensive mistake, don't forget), and at older ages, DC is as DC does, IMO.
Of course, we can always just can the D3K rule. If it's strike three, you're out, PERIOD! Just like in the 10U game.

How well do you think that would go over with the purists?