View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 04, 2003, 11:24am
Do not give a damn!!

I would have to see it.

First of all, I would have to see both things you are describing. Many times coaches see things that they think is illegal and it is not illegal at all.

#1--If the running back makes contact and his initial charge is below the waist, then you have a foul. But if that player is in contact with the defender and slides down below the waist, then that is completely legal. Alot of coaches teach that technic and it is legal.

#2--Depends on when they are at the sideline. If they broke the huddle and set up on the line, then I see nothing wrong with that if the action was normal. If they tried to act like a substitute and try to act like they are leaving the field, then you have an Illegal Participation penalty.

I have to make this clear, it is easy to say what happen on a discussion board and not seeing the actual play. Both these situations could be completely legal if the right things took place. On the surface they might be rules violations, but so many times coaches claim they saw something on tape was illegal, then when the game starts the action is totally legal, but the coach does not know the actual rule. I am not suggesting that is you, but I am suggesting no matter what I say or what anyone says, it does not mean you were right that something was done illegally. Some things are not always that cut and dry.

Peace