View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 13, 2001, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

I was there last night...

Frosh Boys... Green down by 6, 1:34 left.
Gold garners a long rebound on the defensive end. Gold lifts ball above his head and looks downcourt for an outlet pass. Green closes in and immediately pushes Gold (not aggressively, but with intent to make contact) at the waistline. (No attempt for the ball)

I whistle and signal intentional.

Green coach goes ballistic. After reporting the call, I tactfully and calmly describe to Green Coach what I saw. He was upset; however, I felt I gave him more than enough information.

While I administer the FTs, I hear bits and pieces of his comments which were being made for everyone to hear. With the exemption of handful of parents, the gym is empty (quiet). Green Coach has a very resonating voice. I heard something to the effect of, "I see how it is.(blah, blah, blah)...cheating...(blah, blah, blah).... how can you make that call...(blah, blah, blah)...The thought crossed my mind to "ring him up", then my second thought was that he was not worth that acknowledgement. I can live with the disagreement on the call... the inference of cheating is what "pushed my buttons".

Should I have T'd him?