View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 31, 2003, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
REPLY: I'm not so sure that the BJ is in a bad position. Yeah, if he was there at the start of the play, that's a boo-boo. But why can't we just assume that he's where he is because of making an adjustment to the ball. He's in a position such that if the ball is tipped back toward the field of play, he can get to the goal line. And if it's tipped and moves toward the end line, he can adjust to it as well. Some have mentioned the two players in the right corner being behind him. I'm not so sure that's true. Anyway...who cares once the ball is thrown toward the left upright. Let the HL (who is in a bad position) worry about their interaction. In our local, the BJ gives up the goal line to the wings at the 10. I always make visual and verbal confirmation with my wings when it's their goal line.
What if the ball was thrown further toward the endline, or, the receiver did a tip drill before going out of bounds. Then what does the BJ do?

We don't know where the LJ is but the HL sure cannot be of any help if there is a play at the goal line. So, just maybe, the BJ figured I've got it all and if I position between them both I have a chance.

Of course, it is so easy to sit in my comfy office chair and type up all the positioning mistakes.