View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 31, 2003, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Well I hate to sound too intense, but if you called a foul everytime someone hit the floor in a women's game, you're going to be there all night.

I have seen post players simply trip on their own feet running across the lane, girls falling coming down with a rebound and no on one them, etc., etc.,

I think common sense prevails in these situations.

Thanks
David

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
So I attended a Women's Officiating Clinic last night required to work some local "Christian" ball (NCAA division 9 or something like that. Bottom line...Women's mechanics.)

And..a conversation came up about if there is a collision or if a player goes down...there must be a foul. Even if A1 is dribbling and steps on B1's foot (B1 is in legal guarding position) and A1 goes down they want something called. In this case, a block. The clinician called this a "wrong place, wrong time" foul.

I know when in rome, yadda yadda.

What ever happend to advantage / disadvantage? I understand they want the game called tight but I'd have a hard time penalizing legal defense / bailing a player out.

Old guys....any thoughts?

Do you as an official consider the following to be a truism...

If a player goes down, there must be a foul? I suppose this question could apply to NF or NCAA guys.

Larks
VIT