View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 22, 2003, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Non-sequitur ??

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by johnSandlin

My partner and I are trainers for our local association and we average two - three new umpires at each of our games all through the season wanting to watch, ask questions, seek information, and just learn all that they can about umpiring to take with them to their game.
Mr. Sandlin:

What color is the sky in your world and what do you take to make it that way?

Rich
I don't understand Rich's point. I do find it to be a humerous reply and I am sorry that it is at your expense John... but whatthehell does it mean? Because it doesn't necessarily follow what you have said.

Unless... Rich, like myself, is envious of you having 2 or 3 new umpires at every game seeking to better themselves. Personally, I might see 3 umpires a season at my games wanting pointers and input. If your statement is true, I am envious. I think we would all like to have that respect and be of that importance to our associations. Well, maybe not - it would be a large responsibility.

Because, working several dozen games per season myself, and I'm sure Rich probably does a similar amount if not more, having 2 or 3 new rookies at every game, including repeat appearances, would be a boat-load full... I think this might have been his point.

I think the rest of your post was fine.