View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 22, 2003, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

[/QUOTE]

Larks,
I was at Princeton as well. After it was explained, the guy from Columbus didn't recommend that we put tape down ourselves because if someone tripped and fell they could sue you. That tells me that he wants the schools to be proactive and do it. Most of them will. But If you don't have a roll of masking tape JIC, you're bound to walk into a gym and it doesn't conform.

Another item that was a POE, was only the head coach is allowed to stand and coach. And he emphasized "tag-team" coaching is not allowed. But Larks, how many times have you done a game in SW Ohio (GCL, GMC, whatever) and the assistants were as active as the head? If you have games in December (I don't until Jan.), you're bound to get some grief about that.
[/QUOTE]

Wiz,

Great point on tag teams. I dont do too much in the GMC yet but in the GCL, those guys coach hard. I've kind of always taken the approach if they are coaching, I dont pay too much attention to them. If they are on me...especially if two of them are on me...thats different. I start in December so we'll see how it goes.

Hmm...nothing like stoking the fire by going over and warning them they are tag teaming. Cant wait to pull that one in a GCL game against the home team. Here fire....have some GAS!

Marking the box: I guess I'll toss a roll of tape in my bag but this seems like its not very well thought out. Why not call it a set distance for both teams and be done with it?

Which assoc are you in Wiz?