Thread: Face Mask
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Garth,

Currently, I do not sit on umpire staffs at the college level. Next year, I am going to begin to pursue college baseball at more consistent pace. If I came across paiting the picture that I currently work college baseball, then I made a mistake, but I currently do not work college baseball at consistent basis.

My goal, is to make all the leagues outside of D-1 next season in my home state. Then four or five years after next season, approach the idea of moving up to major college baseball at the D-1 level. I will explore it sooner, if and only if, the supervisors come to me first. Baseball is the sport that I excell in the most, and I do not want to ruin my career by advancing to soon.

That is why I am going to Jim Evans school this year to see where everything is at for as an baseball umpire. Hopefully(because it is my ultimate goal) I will be sent on to the PBUC evaluation course for a career to major league baseball, but if that does not happen, then I will pursue college baseball.

As far as equipment, NO my fiancee's approach is not the only thing that I have left to base my decision on to switch to the helmet. My main, main reason for switching is the fact that the vision of the field is 150%(in my opinion) and I like them better over the regular mask.