View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 19, 2003, 09:00pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay R
Canuckrefguy, have you been to the CABO camp in Montreal? If so how would you rate it? I want to go next summer if work and family schedules permit. I hear that there are more camps out west than here in the Atlantic provinces.

Jay

[Edited by Jay R on Oct 18th, 2003 at 11:09 AM]
Jay R,

Regarding the CABO camp... I went the first two years it was held and had a great time. I actually went to Montreal a few days early and stayed a few days afterwards, and had a great time. I'm not too far away, in southern Ontario, and have always enjoyed Montreal. I'm concentrating on football these days, but I would say that having missed the past 2 (3?) CABO camps, I would think that the way that the camp was run has been ironed out. There were a few logistical problems in the first two years. The 2nd year I went, there were two serious concerns.

As canuckguy said, there are great evaluators there. I do want to mention one person in particular. I've had the pleasure of being evaluated NB2A refs, and at the CABO camp: by Cliner, Foxy, Crowley, Janice Deakin all the CABO guys and the best person I found that helped me was a man by the name of Mario Lessard. He's from QC, and of all the basketball evaluators I've ever had, he is by far the best. I'm talking head and shoulders above others. It really never occured to me until driving the 6 hours home, when a few of us were talking about the different people there. More than half of my friends had said that he was the best. I have a friend in NF that said that same thing as well, as well as a friend in NWT. Even if you have to, ask to be evaluated by him.

Regards,

Mike